This month, TFI Talks will feature a number of posts about alcohol in commemoration of Alcohol Awareness Month.
Every year, the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) sponsors Alcohol Awareness month in an effort to increase public understanding of alcohol, to reduce the stigma of alcoholism, and to draw attention to the impact that alcoholism can have on kids, families, couples and communities.
At TFI Talks, we’ll be posting information, insights and tips from one of our expert staff clinicians, Leah Brennan, LMFT, CADC. Ms. Brennan is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. She received her Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from The Family Institute at Northwestern University, and her current clinical practice includes working with families, couples and individuals who have been impacted by substance abuse.
Look for posts on topics such as:
- How alcohol and alcoholism impact families’ day-to-day life and functioning
- The ways in which children are impacted by parental alcohol abuse
- The myths surrounding alcohol abuse
- The symptoms of a larger problem with alcohol
- How parents can talk to their teens about drinking
To learn more about Ms. Brennan or to make an appointment, visit her page on our website.